Friday, 27 May 2022

Craig the Caregiver



Craig the Caregiver

 

By Craig Wilson

 

The light clears and I find myself in a community centre.

When I look at myself, I see I'm wearing a uniform.

I see there are children with special needs around me.

A friend of mine reminds me that I volunteer to help.

I don’t recall – it feels as though I have leapt in myself.

So, not to let anyone down, I'm willing to help these kids.

I make sure several staff members don’t harass the kids.

The children thank me and this gives me a bit of joy.

Yet, as I leave the centre to go home, I leave this dream.

 

The End

 

The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment