Friday 7 June 2024

Cutting the Queue

 


Cutting the Queue


By Craig Wilson


The smoke clears, and I find myself back outside.

As usual, I do not know why I'm outside right now.

A friend takes my arm and tells me what's going on.

I'm reminded that we're on our way to a new café.

We enter the café, and my friend finds us a seat.

I stand in line and misjudge how long it will take.

I feel like I've been waiting in this line for a long time.

It’s finally my turn, but some person beats me to it.

I exhale forcefully. The tiny barrister finally serves me.

My alarm goes off, and I awaken from my dream.


The End


The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment