Tuesday 2 January 2024

A Lucid Departure

 


A Lucid Departure

 

By Craig Wilson

 

When the smoke clears, I realise I'm in a strange land.

I do not recall entering a mystical dream land at all.

I don't feel like I'm sleeping right now. I feel alert.

In fact, I am awake in this world. It feels really odd.

I notice a lot of interesting people hanging around.

These random people greet me as if we’re old friends.

It's disappointing to people that I will be leaving soon.

A young woman in her twenties gives me a big hug.

As sad as it may seem, I don’t want to leave this world.

My phone alarm wakes me up from this dreamscape.

 

The End

 

The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment