Tuesday 21 March 2023

Forced to Unwind

 


Forced to Unwind

 

By Craig Wilson

 

The smoke clears and I find myself in a tiny classroom.

However, I do not recognise the classroom at all.

I soon notice I am wearing grey overalls once again.

So, heaving a heavy sigh, I start cleaning the room.

It’s obvious by my sluggish movements I am tired.

Some of my friends from my past enter the tiny room.

My friends can tell that I am suffering from burn out.

So, my friends force me to relax, and they take over.

I sit down reluctantly. Yet, I feel pretty content now.

It warms my heart that I have some amazing friends.

Unfortunately, my alarm goes off and I soon wake up.

 

The End

 

The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment