Friday 10 March 2023

Time Distortion

 


Time Distortion

 

By Craig Wilson

 

The smoke clears. I realise that I am not in my house.

My legs have me running to my new destination.      

I brave past the crowd of bewildered spectators.

I slowly remember that I am late for an interview.

My heart races and I am feeling pretty anxious.

However, time distorts, and I am no longer an adult.

Instead, I am a child and I am running to my school.

However, as I reach the school time distorts again.

I am no longer at the school, I am running home.

I arrive at my house and I open the front door wide.

My dog Molly is here to greet me and I feel joy.

My alarm goes off and my dream thus concludes.

 

The End

 

The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment