Tuesday 8 August 2023

Reconciliation

 


Reconciliation

 

By Craig Wilson

 

The smoke clears and I find myself in my room.

It’s the weekend, and I have no obligations now.

I take a look at myself and see that I am an adult.

Next thing I know, my mobile phone starts ringing.

I check my phone and I have a brand new text.

I’m anxious as I am not expecting any texts.

An old friend of mine has decided to contact me.

My friend says she wants to bury the hatchet.

Naturally, I almost cry and I actually smile.

I reply to my friend and say that I’d like that.

Of course, my phone goes off and I wake up.

 

The End

 

The above story is a loose adaptation of a dream I had. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to leave a comment, and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment